Dissecting Park Homes and what you really get for your Pound!
Today! The Floor!
We have surfed the web and have taken from 10 different Park Home manufacturers websites build statistics and an average size.
So lets begin!
Firstly the word, High Density 18mm seems to be used a lot to describe ( Chipboard ). We all use chip board, but it needs to be an impregnated and water proof, none of the Park Home Manufacturers stated this!
We then come to the Floor Joists, most companies stated that the size of their floor joists were all under 100mm x 50mm. they all stated they used stress graded timber, but did not state what grade!
Most use Polystyrene as insulation!
And 9/10 use some kind of breathable membrane which is fire and moisture retardant, to the BS 2782, the old and out dated British Standards again!
So sadly as we can see, the floor in most Park Homes sold in the UK is an absolute Joke!
Here is Our Floor..
- 6 different internal floor finishes available
- 22mmChipboard on top as the floor base
- Segments consisting of 45x200mm c/c600 wooden balks; (Graded C24)
- 200mm KNAUF insulation, and 3 other types of insulation available.
- Water proof 12mm chipboard underneath;
- Water Proof -Fire Retardant Membrane ( DuPont Tyvek )
As you can see, our specification of the floor is double compared to 9/10 Park Home Manufacturers. And our pricing is more than half that of all Park Home Manufacturers!